A Hormone Specific™ Formulation of iodine containing seaweeds, and herbs designed to promote optimal function of thyroid hormones.
- $32.24 Add to cart
- $11.30 Add to cart
Would you like help determining exactly which supplements or tests are right for you? Purchase a phone consultation with a Certified Natural Health Therapist to begin treating causes, not symptoms.
$85.00Add to cart
Lithium Orotate has traditionally been used to promote positive outlook and a general sense of well-being.
Thyroid Health Protocol
The thyroid is an important endocrine organ which regulates energy metabolism and affects every cell in the body. Many people have compromised thyroid function and experience symptoms like cold hands and feet, difficulty losing weight, thinning hair, fatigue, thinning of the lateral third of the eyebrow, weakness, muscle cramps, dry skin and brittle hair. Thyroid disruption can occur because of nutritional imbalances, excess toxins, allergens and stress.
Thyroid hormone requires iodine. Other elements that are similar to iodine (the halogens) can interfere with the cell receptor sites for thyroid hormone. These elements are: chlorine, bromine and fluorine. Chlorine is abundant in treated water. Use a filter to remove it from drinking water and consider a shower filter to remove it from bathing water. Bromine is as an anti-caking agent used in flour. Avoid bromine by avoiding eating baked goods and foods made with flour. Fluoride is added to some municipal water systems (call your local water company to inquire if this is the case in your city). It is also added to most toothpastes. Consider getting a filter to remove fluoride from your water. Switch from a fluoride to a non-fluoride toothpaste.
|ThyroMend||Douglas Labs||Support healthy thyroid function||Adult dosage – take 2 capsules each day with food for 1 to 2 weeks. The dose may then be increased to 4 capsules each day with food for 2 to 4 months. After 2 to 4 months dosage may be lowered back down to 2 capsules each day with food and may continue on that dosage as needed|
|Thyroid Glandular||American Biologics||Support healthy thyroid function||Adult dosage -take 1 tablet per day|
|Selenium||Pure||Support healthy T4 to T3 conversion||Take 1 capsule daily|
|Lithium Orotate||Orthomolecular||Thyroid protector||Take 2 capsules before bed|
- Avoid all processed foods, especially simple sugars and starches
- Avoid wheat and dairy. These two types of food are common thyroid disruptors, especially for people with the auto-immune hypothyroid condition know as Hashimoto’s.
- Eat plenty of healthful fats, including: butter, coconut oil, olive oil, avocados, walnut oil, flaxseed oil, fish oil, etc. Avoid all hydrogenated fats and processed oils like: Crisco, margarine, soybean oil, cottonseed oil, corn oil, “salad” oil, etc. Avoid eating fried foods in restaurants as these are mostly prepared using low quality oils that are highly inflammatory.
- Eat quality protein like wild seafood, pastured meats, wild game, pastured eggs, organic poultry, etc. Quality counts!
- Eat plenty of vegetables! Healthy vegetables include: leafy greens, asparagus, cucumbers, artichokes, green beans, carrots, lettuce, etc. Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts and cauliflower can contribute to goiters on the thyroid. Avoid eating these types of vegetables in large quantities.
- Eat low sugar fruits like apples and berries. Always aim to eat more vegetables than fruit and avoid the tropical high sugar fruits like bananas and mangos.
- Eat nuts and seeds, but avoid peanuts.
- Avoid soy in all its forms. Soy contains compounds that are highly disruptive to the thyroid.